Table of Content
- 2.Theme Installation
- 3.Theme Activation
- 4.How to Import Demo Data?
- 5.How to set Homepage setting?
- 6.Site Identity
- 7.How to mange slide in home page?
- 8.Updating Theme Using FTP
- 9.How to manage Reset all settings?
- 10.How to create a menu?
ST Blog, your new clean and minimal blogging WordPress theme. It’s very easy to work with WordPress site. It is fully responsive on iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets. This theme supports one click demo import plugin. You can set up the website similar to demo within one click from dashboard.
After you purchase and download your theme, you can choose either of the approaches given below to install your theme:
2.1.Approach I : From your admin dashboard.
2.2.Approach II : Upload and install theme through FTP client
You can use FTP client like FileZilla to connect your web server.
- Unzip st-blog-Pro.zip to your Desktop.
- Using an FTP client to access your host web server, go to /wp-content/themes/ and upload your new copy of st-blog-Pro theme.
- Now, log into the WordPress Dashboard with your login details.
- Select the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- You will see the theme in the list.
- Then, click Activate button.
- Now, the theme will be activated and go through the following options to set up the theme step wise.
After successfully installing the required theme, you need to activate your theme. Follow given steps to activate the theme.
- Select the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- You will see the ST Blog Pro theme on the list.
- Click Activate button.
- After clicking the Activate button the theme will be activated.
4.How to Import Demo Data?
One Click Demo Import is recommended for demo import of this theme. To import the dummy demo data:
- First Install One Click Demo Import Plugin and active this plugin.
- Then go to Dashboard-> Appearance -> Import Demo Data
Then click Import demo data button.Note*: If you need demo content please ping us to our mail : email@example.com
5.How to set Homepage setting?
From Customize section, go to Homepage > Homepage Setting you will see option.
- Choose Your latest Posts option under Your Homepage displays title.
- Click Save and Publish button to save changes.
You will see another option also, Static Posts
Note: If you select Your latest Posts, then all the posts will be displayed in your frontpage. If you select A static page, then your frontpage will display the content from the page you selected as Front Page. However the page you selected in Posts Page will become your blog page.
How to manage Site Title, Logo, Tagline and Site Icon?
1. From Customize section, go to Site Identity.
2. From Site Identity, you will be able to add various options related to site identity like:
- Logo( Only available in WordPress version greater than or equal to 4.5 ): It changes the main logo of the site.
- Site Title : It changes the main site title of the site.
- Tagline : It changes the tagline (i.e:Description) of the site.Just below site title.
- Display Site Title and Tagline: This enables/disables the site title and tagline from the site.
7.How to mange slide in home page?
Customizing > Featured Slider
8.Updating Theme Using FTP
To update Theme though FTP, follow these basic steps:
- Download the latest version of st blog Pro theme from your Salient Theme member My Account to your Desktop
- Unzip st-blog-pro.zip to your Desktop
- Using an FTP client to access your host web server, go to /wp-content/themes/ and upload your new copy of st blog Pro theme which shall replace the old files.
9.How to manage Reset all settings?
1. From Customize section, go to Reset all settings..
2. In Reset all settings you will see:
Check to reset all settings: Check the Check to reset all settings and refresh the page to reset all theme settings to default.
10.How to create a menu?
Note: Load free theme has two menu location provided as Primary, Social and Footer Menu.
- Menu Options :
To create menu, you need to go to Admin Panel / Appearance / Menu .
You need to create menu from / Customize / Menus / Create Menu .
You can create more menus in similar way. After creating menu, you need to add pages to that menu.
To add pages to the menu, you need to create some pages (For e.g: “About Us” , “Contact”). After creating pages you need to add that pages to the menu.
After you added the pages to the menu set the menu location from / Customize / Menus / Menu Locations /.
Three locations are available.
To configure Top Bar section, you need to go to Admin Panel / Appearance / Customize / Front Page / Top Bar.
In this panel, you will find these options:
- Top Bar Section: Check to enable topbar on entire side otherwise Uncheck to hide.
After Top Bar section is enabled, you will see following options